December 19, 2009
It’s 11:49 pm and I’m writing from the Vandy ER. Tanner has a fever and we are waiting for counts to decide whether we have to stay or not. If her counts are above 500, they will let us go. They have already given her an IV antibiotic that will cover her for 24 hours. If her counts are below 500, we will have to stay. I’m not even going to talk about how I feel about this development – it’s too exhausting and I don’t feel like I have any energy to spare.
Obviously, we will not be lighting the candles at church tomorrow and, of course, we can no longer count on being able to go to my parents’ for Christmas. We really can’t even count out being in the hospital for Christmas at this point.
That’s all I’ll write. The rest would be blasphemous, I’m afraid. I’ll update in the morning.