I know all of you read this blog to learn about Tanner and get a glimpse into Tanner’s world through Beth’s eyes as well as to support us in this place where we find ourselves – and for the prayers and well wishes I thank you from the bottom of my heart! I mean it – we could never make it through this without you! I do not write like her, nor do I express myself as she does – (She is really good at this thing) But today I want to make my post – and it is for my wife.
Beth Brisbane Page you are amazing! One of your home co-workers cries and wets his pants (Jake), the other is fighting an ugly disease that does not allow for a normal life of school, parties, etc (the time most moms get breaks) – I want you to know that I realize that in many ways this is as difficult for you as it is for Tanner – the feelings of being trapped in a house, the feelings of not wanting to go to clinic one more time, the feelings of exhaustion when no one sleeps at night – trust me I realize! I watch you (a social butterfly is an understatement) a past VP of a Public Relations firm – working everyday with polly pockets and dinosaur toys. I know that this gets old – and the pretending games and motorcycle races drive you almost to the place of insanity – I realize – I promise! But Baby – let me stop today on your birthday and in front of all these witnesses and remind you why I married you. I married you because…
- you are strong! You remind me of that everyday when you get up and start a new day of exactly what you did yesterday – not knowing how Tanner will feel, or if she will say thank you for the grind you work through each day.
- you are smart! You remind me everyday when you learn something new about the disease and find new things we can do to make Tanner’s treatment better and easier for her.
- you never give up! You are the mother tiger – you fight for Tanner – if it the school, the hospital, or even me (for all the readers – I am a germ-a-phobe – If it were up to me Tanner would be in a bubble) Beth gives Tanner a life!
- you are balanced! You remind me everyday by how you make the kids exercise, do school work, give to others, and play without screens in front of their faces.
- you are beautiful! You look great in Pajamas or Jogging Pants, Dresses or Jeans – I know Jake tells you that you are cute all the time – maybe I need to learn from my 2 year old son and tell you more often!
- you are you – no matter what any one else thinks! That is a lesson we all could learn – I am not sure that you have ever followed the crowd a day in your life – I do believe, however, you may have looked which way the crowd was going and chose the other route for fun!
- I just love you and I am crazy about you!
This post was so easy to write – and I could have gone on and on and on – that is how I know I love you – these things just spilled out – my fingers could not even keep up with my thoughts – you are as amazing as I knew you would be when I married you – you are committed to our kids – advocate, cheerleader, mommy, and more – so on the days when you can’t feel it – read it!
We all stop and wish you a Happy Birthday! You are a great mom and wife – you are my soulmate and my friend – you are amazing