Counts Update

April 6, 2011

Tanner’s counts finally came in late last night. Her neutraphils are 390, which is better than we feared, but still severely neutropenic. Dr. Mixan called this morning and her IgG level was also low (that’s an antibody associated with respiratory immunity). So, we’re headed to clinic this morning for an IVIG transfusion. We’ll also hold all chemo until next Wednesday when we’ll go in for a counts check and see where we are. No school and neutropenic precautions until her counts are back up.

Tanner slept really well last night and feels good this morning, although she is still coughing. The IVIG transfusion might help her kick the virus she is fighting so we’ll hope for the best.

Glad the waiting is over… I hate waiting. Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes.


1 thought on “Counts Update

  1. I hope the rest and transfusion will do the trick. I’m keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I’m on steroids for the sixth time since October for asthma/bronchitis/wheezing and think of and say a prayer for Tanner every dose I take – knowing it’s nothing compared to what she has had to endure. The side effects are atrocious and I am amazed at her strength and willingness to “carry on” with the things she loves to do – like the plays, etc. I still think your posts would make a great book : )

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *